food blog



Raw Chocolate Pudding and Shake


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




Well, I'm still reading and experimenting with raw and live foods. Many recipes call for young coconut, both the water and flesh, which are creatively turned into noodles and ice cream and what not. I was a bit daunted about hacking one open for a little meat but I found some fresh looking ones at a nearby asian market.

I carefully hacked open the coconuts, with one hand behind my back. My two young coconuts yielded about 3 cups of coconut water and 2 cups of white meat. With bounty in hand, I used the Chocolate Pudding recipe from Raw Food Real World by Matthew Kenney and Sarma Melngailis with a few minor substitutions.

Chocolate Pudding (raw)

2 cups young coconut meat
3/4 cup coconut water, at room temperature (or more, if needed to thin)
1/4 cup maple syrup
3 dried medjool dates (seeded)
1/2 cup cocoa powder

1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup sea salt

In a Vita-Mix or high-speed blender, pu
ree all the ingredients until completely smooth, scraping sides as necessary. Pour into bowls and serve or chill for a firmer pudding. This pudding is very rich and clean, surprisingly good! No egg yolks, no cream, the whole batch has 6g of fat for 4 servings. Hits the spot for a low fat comforting dessert.

After the pudding was done, there was still qu
ite a bit stuck around the blades and I didn't want to waste any of the yummy goodness, so I added some almond milk and crushed ice and gave it a good whirl. I gulped this down so fast. I couldn't believe it was even better than the pudding!
Chocolate Shake (raw)

2-3 tablespoons of raw chocolate pudding
1 cup of almond milk
1/2 cup of ice (or more if needed)

Blend all ingredients until smooth and creamy.
Add a frozen banana for extra yum.


Technorati tags:


1 Responses to “Raw Chocolate Pudding and Shake”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    ooh looks tasty

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Previous posts

Archives

About me

  • I'm Jo
  • About this site Little Project is a site about crafts, mostly crochet and other yarn stuff, and some food too. There are patterns and recipes. You may want to take the grand tour, read about Little Projects, or contact the site owner, Jo.